An Post is in your corner, providing security and convenience for you.
An Post offers the security and convenience of a national network with more than 1,000 Post Offices throughout the Republic of Ireland. Find your nearest Post Office and enquire within.
You can use your Smart Account at the Post Office to:
- Lodge cash (maximum limit of €5,000 per day)
- Withdraw cash (maximum limit of €3,000 per day)*
- Lodgement by debit card (maximum limit of €5,000 per day)
- Lodge cheques (no limit)
- Check your balance
- Access emergency cash if your card is lost, stolen or damaged (maximum limit of €200 per day provided your account is in credit to this amount)**
- Get a mini-statement
- Pay bills
- Purchase a wide variety of An Post products and services
You can also get Smart Account information at Post Offices nationwide.
*Subject to providing relevant identification
**To avail of Emergency Cash contact Customer Services at 01 705 8000 or log on to your Smart Account online.
How to Get Started with Smart Account
Setting up a Smart Account is quick and easy:
- Apply online now or pick up an application form in any Post Office.
- Alternatively you can download an application form. You may open an Individual Account and/or a Joint Account. Multiple accounts are not permitted.
- Bring your completed application form and proof of identity documents to your local Post Office.
- Your Smart Account Welcome Pack will be posted to your home address and will arrive within 5 to 7 working days of receipt of your completed application form.
- On receipt of your Welcome Pack, sign the reverse of your card and call 01 705 8000 to activate your card.
You must be at least 16 years of age and a resident of the Republic of Ireland to apply for the An Post Smart Account. A credit check is not performed and your credit rating will not be affected.
Once your account is activated, getting online is fast.
- Select the ‘Register’ button at the top of the page
- Enter your User ID number from the Welcome Letter.
- Create your 5 digit Self-Select Online PIN.
- You will receive a PIN confirmation text on your mobile phone to enter online.
Finished! You can now start using Smart Account online.
Manage all aspects of your Smart Account online or if you are on the move via the Smart Account App. The An Post Smart Account App is free to download on the App Store® or on Google Play™.