Welcome to the Smart MoneyBack programme.
Being smart with your finances should be rewarding.
*Terms and conditions apply. See Smart MoneyBack Partners for more details.
The Smart Account from An Post actually gives you money back – not discounts or vouchers or prize draws. Real money – and it’s really easy. When you pay using your Smart Account card with any of our Smart MoneyBack Partners, you’ll get money back into your account. All you have to do is shop!
You do your shopping as usual, and when you make a payment at participating retailers using your Smart Account Debit Mastercard, your account automatically records what you have spent there.
There’s no limit to how much money you can earn as long as you meet any minimum spend thresholds.
Smart Account keeps a running total of how much you spend with participating retailers throughout the month and makes a Smart MoneyBack payment into your account the following month.
You can log into your Smart Account at any time and see how much Smart MoneyBack you have received back into your account.
You use your Smart MoneyBack however you see fit, after all it’s your money – you’re in charge.
See below an example of how easy it is to earn €53 in a month when you spend with some of our Smart MoneyBack Partners:
|Retail Partner||Monthly Spend||% MoneyBack||MoneyBack into your account|
|Total MoneyBack earned this month||€53|
† 5% back on all Lidl transactions of €25 and above. Calculation based on published household grocery spend per CSO of €131.28 per week rounded to €560 per month.
° €150 based on typical industry annual consumption figures, as per the Commission for Regulation of Utilities (CRU). Actual rebate will depend on actual usage. Figures correct as of 1st November 2017. For eligibility, terms and conditions, please visit sseairtricity.com
You don’t have to jump through hoops, use vouchers or remember to use a special membership card. You simply use your Smart Account Debit Mastercard when you’re shopping. When you make a payment at a participating retailer, you get Smart MoneyBack.
Money is credited to accounts on the last working day (Monday to Friday) of the month following the month on which the transactions are made.
It isn’t difficult to get Smart MoneyBack. It’s just smart.
How to Get Started with Smart Account
Setting up a Smart Account is quick and easy:
- Apply online now or pick up an application form in any Post Office.
- Alternatively you can download an application form. You may open an Individual Account and/or a Joint Account. Multiple accounts are not permitted.
- Bring your completed application form and proof of identity documents to your local Post Office.
- Your Smart Account Welcome Pack will be posted to your home address and will arrive within 5 to 7 working days of receipt of your completed application form.
- On receipt of your Welcome Pack, sign the reverse of your card and call 01 705 8000 to activate your card.
You must be at least 16 years of age and a resident of the Republic of Ireland to apply for the An Post Smart Account. A credit check is not performed and your credit rating will not be affected.
Once your account is activated, getting online is fast.
- Select the ‘Register’ button at the top of the page
- Enter your User ID number from the Welcome Letter.
- Create your 5 digit Self-Select Online PIN.
- You will receive a PIN confirmation text on your mobile phone to enter online.
Finished! You can now start using Smart Account online.
Manage all aspects of your Smart Account online or if you are on the move via the Smart Account App. The An Post Smart Account App is free to download on the App Store® or on Google Play™.