Everyone loves a surprise … unless it is unexpected fees being deducted from their account.
With An Post’s Smart Account, it’s easy to keep those costs down. You can even offset some or all of your monthly maintenance fee with the Smart MoneyBack programme when you shop with participating retailers.
|Transactions Republic of Ireland & Eurozone||Fee|
|Monthly Maintenance Fee||€5.00|
|Mini Statements at Post Offices||*|
|POS transactions with Cashback (1)||*|
|Post Office Cash Withdrawal (2)||* / €0.50|
|Post Office Lodgement Cash / Debit Card / Cheque (3)||€0.50|
|Quick Lodge transactions (5)||€0.50|
|SEPA Credit Transfers||*|
|SEPA Direct Debits||*|
|Transactions Non Euro|
|ATM||€0.90 plus 3.0% of Transaction Value|
|POS, Contactless & Cashback (1) (4)||3.0% of Transaction Value|
|Items lodged to your account returned unpaid (Cheques Lodged)||€5.00|
|Items presented on your account and returned unpaid (Direct Debits)||€2.50|
|Replacement of lost / stolen / damaged cards||€5.00|
|Replacement of PIN||*|
|Ad hoc / Duplicate Statement||€5.00|
(1) Cash back, subject to individual retailer participation
(2) The first weekly cash withdrawal at a Post Office is free, subsequent Post Office transactions are charged at €0.50 per transaction.
(3) Cheque Lodgement fees refer to per cheque lodged
(4) Non Euro transactions may be subject to Foreign Exchange charges applied by third parties in addition to An Post fees
*Transaction charges included in the monthly maintenance fee.
(5) Quick Lodge transactions facilitate the funding of your Smart Account using a debit card @smartaccount.ie.
Fees subject to change.
Terms and Conditions apply. The An Post Smart Account Debit Mastercard is issued by An Post. An Post is authorised by the Minister for Finance to provide payment services and is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland in the provision of such services.